Here is an overview of Henry's accomplishments for today:
- His milk intake has doubled to 20mL every three hours.
- His head circumference is unchanged from the previous two days. In fact, it used to be 38.0, now it's 38.00. I'm not sure what prompted the addition of a significant digit.
- He had an appointment with an occupational therapist. Although he isn't quite ready to begin child labor, his muscular development and coordination are on par for an infant who does not have brain damage but does have a lot of phenobarbitol in his system.
Upcoming for Henry tomorrow:
- He will receive the cranial ultrasound to give us a baseline view of the amount and location of blood in his ventricles. Subsequent ultrasounds will be compared to this to monitor his progress in removing the blood.
- He will be evaluated by the swallow team to see if he is ready to drink from a bottle.
And everyone's favorite part of the blog, the pictures:
Henry's first friend, a Gecko from Isabella